i should be traveling, hitch hiking, meeting new people every day, reading books about history i’ve never learned and teaching myself how to play my favourite songs but modern society dictates that i go to school, do the work, get the grades, go to uni, do the work, get the degree, go do a postgrad, do the work, get the masters degree….before i know it i’ll be half way through my twenties and done nothing i’ve really wanted to with my life
i want to be free
i’m wasting away the best years of my life and it’s terrifying me
“The years between eighteen and twenty-eight are the hardest, psychologically. It’s then you realize this is make or break, you no longer have the excuse of youth, and it is time to become an adult – but you are not ready.”—Helen Mirren (via notyourlittleslave)
The appalling absence of absolutely no teaching about mental illnesses and how to cope with them as well as stress, and various other things like teacher’s expectations of us being far too high (they need to put in the effort too, not just us), various bits and bobs like that
“Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lot’s of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.”—(via koolestlozer)
1, 7, 6, 8, 9, 11, 21, 23... sorry im just curious about you that's all :)
1. Who was the last person you held hands with?
7. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
Mm hard to say at this moment in time lol.
6. What kind of people are you attracted to?
They have to be funny and get my humour which not many guys do hahah
8. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
Eh…like quite a few but like that’s not meant to imply anything hahah! Matt because he called me steaming last night and it was so funny, Joe because he’s just gone to pick up for us, Ant cos he was round last night. That kinda stuff ken
9. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
Hell no. I’m in my element
11. What does the most recent text that you sent say?
Love is love. Love is true no matter what, because then if it isn’t it’s just pretense or lust, not love at all. When you fall in love with someone, there are so many other people you can fall in love with at the same time. There’s no “one and only” out there for you!
111. Do you have trust issues?
Not really. I never trust anyone who I know I can’t!
110. Have you ever liked someone so much it hurt?
I wouldn’t say the liking them so much made it hurt, it was feeling that his attention wasn’t fully on me which hurt (typical girlfriend lol)
109.Is something irritating you right now?
Nope. Can’t say anything is! Although school work is a fucking bummer at the moment
104. Do you miss anyone from your past?
64. Tell us the story of your first kiss?
Ahaha! I was 9 and it was behind the bike shed in primary school
This is a hard one!! Even though my birthday is in September I’d say June because 1- summer 2- my brother and sister’s birthdays are in June 3- school finishes 4- rockness is in June 5- prom and interrailing will be in June!
135. Dumbest lie you ever told?
Oh God. I know I’ve said plenty when I’ve had a few drinks….I’m pretty sure I said that peas were a Jewish food that we have at Passover LOL so stupid
132. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
Emmmmm like a semi deep one Matt McPhillips and a full on deep could cry at it conversation, Louise
127. What makes you happy?
Plenty of things! But I have to say being with my friends when we’re drunk just having the best time not having a care in the world…that’s probably when i’m at my happiest
You are a cliché of a teenage girl due to a number of factors; self obsessed, overly dramatic, mental health problems etc (the list is endless)
Like what is your point here..? If I’m so clichéd why do you feel the need to message me saying this, if so many other girls are like that too? Grow up. This is obviously an attempt to slag me off, one way or another. And as I said, I’m absolutely unaffected by anything negative someone says about me on here, especially if they’re anonymous. I suggest that you grow out of your cowardice and try saying this to me with me 100% aware of who you are, but somehow I doubt you would go through with it.